MADISON, Wis. - Madison's "funky drummer" was recognized Friday at the Wisconsin State Music Conference with the Yamaha Legacy Award.
Clyde Stubblefield recorded with performers like James Brown and Otis Redding during the 1960s and 70s.
John Starks was previously honored with the award. He and Stubblefield are best known for their roles in the success of the James Brown Band.
Stubblefield's drum sticks are in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland, Ohio.
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Monona cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case
- Consumer Reports: Should you buy Ikea appliances?
- Consumer Reports: Foods that heal
- WEDC grants help grow entrepreneurship programs across state
- Political expert weighs in on effectiveness of Women's March movement