MADISON, Wis. - Madison's "funky drummer" was recognized Friday at the Wisconsin State Music Conference with the Yamaha Legacy Award.
Clyde Stubblefield recorded with performers like James Brown and Otis Redding during the 1960s and 70s.
John Starks was previously honored with the award. He and Stubblefield are best known for their roles in the success of the James Brown Band.
Stubblefield's drum sticks are in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland, Ohio.
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns
- Sheriff: Alcohol may be factor in crash that injured two