DEERFIELD, Wis. - The fire destroyed a building in Deerfield Saturday but no one was injured in the blaze, authorities said.
At about 1:34 p.m., Dane County Sheriff's deputies along with Deerfield, Cambridge, and Cottage Grove fire departments responded to 1225 Liberty Road in the Town of Deerfield for a structure fire.
A garage shop was fully engulfed when crews arrived, according to a report.
Authorities said no one was in the shop when the fire started and there were no injuries.
The Dane County Sheriff's Department said the fire originated from a wood burning stove.
The report noted the shop was a total loss but an estimated cost of damages was not available Saturday evening.
- All Iowa County roads reported as ice covered, hazardous
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need