DEERFIELD, Wis. - The fire destroyed a building in Deerfield Saturday but no one was injured in the blaze, authorities said.
At about 1:34 p.m., Dane County Sheriff's deputies along with Deerfield, Cambridge, and Cottage Grove fire departments responded to 1225 Liberty Road in the Town of Deerfield for a structure fire.
A garage shop was fully engulfed when crews arrived, according to a report.
Authorities said no one was in the shop when the fire started and there were no injuries.
The Dane County Sheriff's Department said the fire originated from a wood burning stove.
The report noted the shop was a total loss but an estimated cost of damages was not available Saturday evening.
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets