GREEN BAY, Wis. - Eight ice fishermen had to be rescued from four different spots near Green Bay after strong winds of up to 40 mph opened up wide gaps in the ice on Lake Michigan.
The U.S. Coast Guard and Door County fire departments participated in the rescues Saturday on the Green Bay side of the peninsula.
Even though the ice shifted, it was still thick enough to support all-terrain vehicles and even pickup trucks.
Officials said none of the fishermen required medical attention.
- Police find 20 bullet casings in far east side park
- Detectives seek help identifying burglar in surveillance pics
- Bill would limit influence of unions on public project bids
- Dane County inmate who was AWOL 10 days back in custody
- Lawmaker wants Milwaukee County sheriff removed
- State Democrats defend abortion access with resolution