DEERBROOK, Wis. - The National Weather Service says a tornado touched down several times near Deerbrook as string storms moved through central Wisconsin, but authorities say there were no injuries and no significant damage.
The weather service says law enforcement observed the tornado lift off and touch down several times as it moved east around 4 p.m.
But a Langlade County sheriff's dispatcher says it's a rural area of fields and woods, and there was no damage apart from some tree debris, and no injuries.
Just to the west, the Lincoln County Sheriff's Department received reports of downed trees and power lines as the storms moved through. Wisconsin Public Service reports about 1,000 customers lost power in the county, Law enforcement reported a funnel could near Gleason about 3:40 p.m.
- 30 missing after avalanche buries Italian hotel
- One injured after stabbing in Madison
- Grocery store offers 'ugly' produce to combat food waste
- Missing Marathon County man found safe
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth