BLUE RIVER, Wis. - The Grant County Sheriff's Department released preliminary estimates of damage from a string of vandalism reported Sunday.
Officials said they began receiving reports of criminal damage to property that occurred in the Village of Blue River Saturday night into Sunday morning.
Ten vehicles, several roadways and road signs, the Village Park and the United Methodist Church were vandalized with spray paint, according to the release.
Officials said the parks' restrooms were also extensively damaged, including fixtures that were smashed.
It is unknown how much it will cost to repair the damage but preliminary estimates put the damage in excess of $2,000, according to the release.
Officials ask anyone with information to call the Grant County Sheriff's Department or Crime Stoppers.
- Congress considering removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes
- Madison middle school to require student uniforms
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Surveillance video shows burglars breaking into Madison cellphone store
- Officials urge vaccinating horses against mosquito-spread diseases
- Man suffers ‘incapacitating injury' in Grant County crash, deputies say