STOUGHTON, Wis. - Two employees closing a convenience store in Stoughton Tuesday night called police when a man tried to break through the glass doors of the store, according to Stoughton police.
Officers said they were dispatched to the Kwik Trip at 1231 E. Main St. at 11:10 p.m. after the employees heard loud banging at the front of the store and used video surveillance to watch a man repeatedly attempting to break the doors.
Kiyam Stepney, 18, of Stoughton ran away when officers arrived and was arrested after a short foot chase, according to police.
Stepney was arrested on suspicion of armed burglary, resisting arrest and violating probation.
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land