STOUGHTON, Wis. - Two employees closing a convenience store in Stoughton Tuesday night called police when a man tried to break through the glass doors of the store, according to Stoughton police.
Officers said they were dispatched to the Kwik Trip at 1231 E. Main St. at 11:10 p.m. after the employees heard loud banging at the front of the store and used video surveillance to watch a man repeatedly attempting to break the doors.
Kiyam Stepney, 18, of Stoughton ran away when officers arrived and was arrested after a short foot chase, according to police.
Stepney was arrested on suspicion of armed burglary, resisting arrest and violating probation.
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Suspect in custody in Middleton homicide
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns
- Sheriff: Alcohol may be factor in crash that injured two
- Two seriously injured in pickup vs. semi crash