TOWN OF DUNN, Wis. - A one-car crash near Lake Kegonsa Sunday afternoon has left one man at the UW Hospital facing serious non-life threatening injuries, according to the Dane County Sheriff's Department.
The incident happened just before 6 p.m. on Halverson Road near Lake Kegonsa Road in the Town of Dunn.
According to the sheriff's department, William Atkinson, 33, of Stoughton was going east on Halverson when he lost control of his vehicle, hit a guide wire, and struck a utility pole, police said. Atkinson had to be extricated and was taken via med flight to UW Hospital, according to the sheriff's department.
Atkinson was arrested for his fifth offense of operating a vehicle while intoxicated along with five other offenses.
- Boy: 'I flew over a couple of seats and I hit the ground on the bus' during dump truck crash
- Wet weather keeps farmers from planting crops
- 9 months after fatal crash, driver charged with felony
- UW Health trial involves injecting stem cells into patients with heart failure
- Armed home invasion likely targeted, drug-related, police say
- DNR board OKs reducing fall buck-only zones