TOWN OF DUNN, Wis. - A one-car crash near Lake Kegonsa Sunday afternoon has left one man at the UW Hospital facing serious non-life threatening injuries, according to the Dane County Sheriff's Department.
The incident happened just before 6 p.m. on Halverson Road near Lake Kegonsa Road in the Town of Dunn.
According to the sheriff's department, William Atkinson, 33, of Stoughton was going east on Halverson when he lost control of his vehicle, hit a guide wire, and struck a utility pole, police said. Atkinson had to be extricated and was taken via med flight to UW Hospital, according to the sheriff's department.
Atkinson was arrested for his fifth offense of operating a vehicle while intoxicated along with five other offenses.
- Man, woman caught selling stolen bike on Craigslist, police say
- Evers has $117,000 in bank for superintendent run
- Police: Teens try to open Madison girl's car door, flash gun at her
- Sonar scans help divers target Lake Erie plane crash search
- Suspected drunken driver hits car in oncoming lane, police say
- Teens say armed man asked them to get in car, police say