WAUSAU, Wis. - Several thousand people from Rhinelander to Schofield are without power as showers and storms move through the area.
WSAW-TV reported Wisconsin Public Service is reporting power outages Monday morning.
WPS said nearly 3,000 customers lost power in Rhinelander, and did about 1,900 in Schofield. Elsewhere, almost 500 people in Pelican Lake and 350 customers in Wausau are without power.
Scattered storms are expected throughout the day Monday, with temperatures reaching into the 90s. Heavy thunderstorms are possible overnight, with temperatures dropping to the low 70s.
The heat has caused at least one school to declare a half-day. Blair Taylor Elementary School in Blair will dismiss classes by 12:15 p.m.
- Multiple reports of gunshots heard in Madison Sunday night
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game