WAUSAU, Wis. - Several thousand people from Rhinelander to Schofield are without power as showers and storms move through the area.
WSAW-TV reported Wisconsin Public Service is reporting power outages Monday morning.
WPS said nearly 3,000 customers lost power in Rhinelander, and did about 1,900 in Schofield. Elsewhere, almost 500 people in Pelican Lake and 350 customers in Wausau are without power.
Scattered storms are expected throughout the day Monday, with temperatures reaching into the 90s. Heavy thunderstorms are possible overnight, with temperatures dropping to the low 70s.
The heat has caused at least one school to declare a half-day. Blair Taylor Elementary School in Blair will dismiss classes by 12:15 p.m.
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes