MADISON, Wis. - A pharmacist noticed a customer requesting prescriptions using a stolen prescription pad, leading to a police chase and arrest Saturday.
The pharmacist at Community Pharmacy, at 341 State St., told Madison police he recognized a man who came into the store Saturday as the same man who had used a stolen prescription pad to buy pain reliever in December. In that case, the pharmacist said he discovered after filling the prescription that the pad it was written on was stolen from a Milwaukee medical facility.
Police said the pharmacist stalled and called police when the man again used the stolen prescription pad to request more oxycodone.
The man fled on foot, forcing drivers on West Gorham Street to slam on their brakes to avoid hitting him. He then before running down State Street, through Peace Park, across a church parking lot, over a wall, and eventually onto a frozen section of Lake Mendota where he was arrested, according to police.
Dante K. Saunders, 21, of Beloit, was arrested on suspicion of forgery, resisting an officer and, related to the December incident, obtaining a controlled substance by fraud.
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls