MADISON, Wis. - A pharmacist noticed a customer requesting prescriptions using a stolen prescription pad, leading to a police chase and arrest Saturday.
The pharmacist at Community Pharmacy, at 341 State St., told Madison police he recognized a man who came into the store Saturday as the same man who had used a stolen prescription pad to buy pain reliever in December. In that case, the pharmacist said he discovered after filling the prescription that the pad it was written on was stolen from a Milwaukee medical facility.
Police said the pharmacist stalled and called police when the man again used the stolen prescription pad to request more oxycodone.
The man fled on foot, forcing drivers on West Gorham Street to slam on their brakes to avoid hitting him. He then before running down State Street, through Peace Park, across a church parking lot, over a wall, and eventually onto a frozen section of Lake Mendota where he was arrested, according to police.
Dante K. Saunders, 21, of Beloit, was arrested on suspicion of forgery, resisting an officer and, related to the December incident, obtaining a controlled substance by fraud.
- Sun Prairie looks to revamp main corridor
- Zoo euthanizes polar bear that used to be in Madison
- Driver involved in crash suspected of heroin use
- Two people shot at while in car on Madison's east side
- Dick's Sporting Goods windows smashed, teen arrested
- Dog recovering after eating nails wrapped in hot dogs; Police look for person who left them