TOWN OF BURKE, Wis. - The Dane County Sheriff's Office has released images from a gas station robbery and confirmed a stolen truck was connected to the robbery.
Deputies said a gloved, masked and armed man robbed a gas station in the town of Burke Tuesday morning. Around 3:50 a.m., deputies responded to reports of an armed robbery at the TA Travel Center on Highway 51, according to a release.
Two employees were approached by a gloved and masked man who had a handgun and demanded money, officials said. The man fled with an undisclosed amount of money to a pickup truck waiting outside with a second man in the driver seat.
Just before 8 a.m. a resident of the town of Windsor reported their truck stolen, according to the release. Detectives believe the robbers stole the truck from the town of Windsor before robbing the gas station. They since confirmed that suspicion.
The stolen vehicle was recovered and returned to its owner.
The robbery remains under investigation, and officials ask anyone with information to call 608-284-6900.
- Madison officer who shot at Metro Market killer awarded
- Edgerton man calls for action over medical billing problem
- Coalition calls on city to immediately fund 15-point violence prevention plan
- Sherrif's department investigates sexting scandal involving local high school students
- Impaired driving police operation nets in multiple arrests, 2 guns seized
- Semi hauling trailer filled with beer crashes, closes highway ramp, officials say