FITCHBURG, Wis. - Police in Fitchburg are tracking a stolen iPad that the suspect put up for sale on the victim's own Facebook page.
Paisley Ann Morgan says the suspect broke in through a window of a Fitchburg assisted living facility, took her purse and the iPad was inside the purse.
Morgan says her cousin texted her a screenshot because the man who stole her iPad used it to post a picture of himself on to her Facebook page trying to sell the iPad.
Police believe they know who took the iPad and are currently tracking the teen.
Morgan has been sharing the photo on fliers and set up an email account, firstname.lastname@example.org, to track down her stolen iPad.
- Grocery store offers 'ugly' produce to combat food waste
- Silver Alert issued for missing Marathon County man
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs