DEFOREST, Wis. - Police recovered a vehicle Sunday that investigators said was stolen Saturday in the Village of DeForest.
The 2008 Cadillac CTS was found wrecked off Highway 78 near the Badger Army Ammunition Plant in Merrimac after a hit-and-run, authorities said.
Pictures taken by the DeForest Police Department show the damaged white Cadillac resting on its driver side with heavy damage to all sides of the car. Police said the vehicle had rolled several times before coming to rest on its side and that the occupant fled on foot.
As of Tuesday afternoon, DeForest investigators said they're still looking for the driver. Police said evidence at the scene indicated the occupant was injured in the crash.
DeForest Police Department asked anyone with information to call 608-846-6756.
Police said blood recovered at the scene indicated injuries, however, details about the occupant's suspected injuries were not provided.
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- Authorities: Woman fatally shot father and took her own life
- Syrian man who sued Trump brings family to US
- DATCP warns of resurgence of fake IRS calls
- Appeal rejected in death of 2 Janesville motorcyclists
- Man accused in deadly wrong-way I-94 wreck not competent, judge says