DEFOREST, Wis. - Police recovered a vehicle Sunday that investigators said was stolen Saturday in the Village of DeForest.
The 2008 Cadillac CTS was found wrecked off Highway 78 near the Badger Army Ammunition Plant in Merrimac after a hit-and-run, authorities said.
Pictures taken by the DeForest Police Department show the damaged white Cadillac resting on its driver side with heavy damage to all sides of the car. Police said the vehicle had rolled several times before coming to rest on its side and that the occupant fled on foot.
As of Tuesday afternoon, DeForest investigators said they're still looking for the driver. Police said evidence at the scene indicated the occupant was injured in the crash.
DeForest Police Department asked anyone with information to call 608-846-6756.
Police said blood recovered at the scene indicated injuries, however, details about the occupant's suspected injuries were not provided.
- Suspected serial thief steals again, police say
- State manufacturing tax credit continues to grow
- Man scammed out of $4,300 by person claiming to be grandson
- Man stabs girlfriend in neck with scissors, police say
- Fremont woman accused in boyfriend's fatal stabbing is acquitted
- East Towne Mall employee attacked, robbed