DEFOREST, Wis. - Police recovered a vehicle Sunday that investigators said was stolen Saturday in the Village of DeForest.
The 2008 Cadillac CTS was found wrecked off Highway 78 near the Badger Army Ammunition Plant in Merrimac after a hit-and-run, authorities said.
Pictures taken by the DeForest Police Department show the damaged white Cadillac resting on its driver side with heavy damage to all sides of the car. Police said the vehicle had rolled several times before coming to rest on its side and that the occupant fled on foot.
As of Tuesday afternoon, DeForest investigators said they're still looking for the driver. Police said evidence at the scene indicated the occupant was injured in the crash.
DeForest Police Department asked anyone with information to call 608-846-6756.
Police said blood recovered at the scene indicated injuries, however, details about the occupant's suspected injuries were not provided.
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam
- Warmer weather means construction starts on Capitol Square
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say