NORTON, Mass. - A great summer of golf finally paid off for Henrik Stenson when he won the Deutsche Bank Championship.
Stenson raced by a fast-fading Sergio Garcia on Monday, and he holed a bunker shot on the 17th hole to turn back a final threat from Steve Stricker. The Swede, who had close calls in two majors, closed with a 5-under 66 and tied the tournament record at the TPC Boston. He won by two shots over Stricker.
Labor Day at the TPC Boston was loaded with drama.
Brendan Steele birdied his last four holes to advance to the third playoff event in Chicago. Ernie Els made it by a fraction of a point. And Zach Johnson made a 25-foot birdie putt on his last hole to make the Presidents Cup team.
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need
- Woman's self-written obituary goes viral
- Ryan meets in Janesville with police chiefs from across US
- Review: MSO, APT craft annual 'Beyond the Score' concert
- Pickup truck, car fall through ice on 2 Dodge County lakes
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion