NORTON, Mass. - A great summer of golf finally paid off for Henrik Stenson when he won the Deutsche Bank Championship.
Stenson raced by a fast-fading Sergio Garcia on Monday, and he holed a bunker shot on the 17th hole to turn back a final threat from Steve Stricker. The Swede, who had close calls in two majors, closed with a 5-under 66 and tied the tournament record at the TPC Boston. He won by two shots over Stricker.
Labor Day at the TPC Boston was loaded with drama.
Brendan Steele birdied his last four holes to advance to the third playoff event in Chicago. Ernie Els made it by a fraction of a point. And Zach Johnson made a 25-foot birdie putt on his last hole to make the Presidents Cup team.
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets
- Wisconsin tribes clash in casino expansion fight
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks
- Find of device that looked like military mortar causes scare
- Lawyers for man charged in killing accuse victim's boyfriend