MADISON, Wis. - The state Senate has unanimously confirmed two of Gov. Scott Walker's nominees to the University of Wisconsin System Board of Regents.
Former state auditor Jan Mueller and former Republican Lt. Gov. Margaret Farrow will join the 18-member Board of Regents. It is responsible for establishing policies and rules governing the UW System. Their seven-year terms start immediately.
The Board is still looking for a student member after Walker rescinded his nomination of 20-year-old UW-Platteville student Joshua Inglett on Wednesday, just two days after nominating him. Inglett said the withdrawal came hours after he told the governor's office he signed a petition to recall Walker.
Democratic Sen. Jon Erpenbach said Tuesday that it shouldn't matter that Inglett signed the petition, but Republican Senate President Mike Ellis cut off Erpenbach's comments.
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns
- Sheriff: Alcohol may be factor in crash that injured two
- Two seriously injured in pickup vs. semi crash
- Sheriff: Man driving 30 mph over speed limit was drunk
- Stoughton woman faces 5th OWI charge
- Farms' thirst for water roils Wisconsin's central sands