MADISON, Wis. - The state Senate has unanimously confirmed two of Gov. Scott Walker's nominees to the University of Wisconsin System Board of Regents.
Former state auditor Jan Mueller and former Republican Lt. Gov. Margaret Farrow will join the 18-member Board of Regents. It is responsible for establishing policies and rules governing the UW System. Their seven-year terms start immediately.
The Board is still looking for a student member after Walker rescinded his nomination of 20-year-old UW-Platteville student Joshua Inglett on Wednesday, just two days after nominating him. Inglett said the withdrawal came hours after he told the governor's office he signed a petition to recall Walker.
Democratic Sen. Jon Erpenbach said Tuesday that it shouldn't matter that Inglett signed the petition, but Republican Senate President Mike Ellis cut off Erpenbach's comments.
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration
- Child expert weighs in on search for 9-month-old
- Sheriff warns of phone scammer pretending to be deputy
- Warm weather is melting away profits in the winter sports industry