MADISON, Wis. - Wisconsin transportation officials are encouraging commuters to pair up and bike to work during this week.
The state Department of Transportation says riding a bike is a fun way to exercise. It can also help save gas and the environment. People who are interested can pair up with others to feel much safer on the road.
Commuters can register through the department's Rideshare program by entering their place of origin, destination and work times online, and contact others by email.
Commuters can also submit their applications by fax or mail. All applicants will get a free reflective bike band.
- Madison police make arrest in robbery near Overture Center
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer