MADISON, Wis. - Wisconsin transportation officials are encouraging commuters to pair up and bike to work during this week.
The state Department of Transportation says riding a bike is a fun way to exercise. It can also help save gas and the environment. People who are interested can pair up with others to feel much safer on the road.
Commuters can register through the department's Rideshare program by entering their place of origin, destination and work times online, and contact others by email.
Commuters can also submit their applications by fax or mail. All applicants will get a free reflective bike band.
- Increase in garage burglaries reported in Sun Prairie
- Man accused of trying to kill unborn child in Wis. arrested in NY
- Two men charged with armed robbery in Monroe
- Crash involving ambulance closes U.S. Highway 12
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Madison cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case