MADISON, Wis. - The performance of child care providers in Wisconsin can now be found online.
The state has started posting the fines levied against the child care centers and the reasons for the fines. The move is backed by child care advocates and providers. The state began posting the fines online in 2008, but not the amount of the fine or any explanation.
Mosinee child care provider Anneliese Sheahan told the State Journal it was unfair not to post the amount of the fine. She said there's a big difference between a $100 fine and a $1,000 fine.
Thirty-one states now post child care inspection reports online. Wisconsin's website is here.
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land