MADISON, Wis. - Blue Mound State Park will be hosting a candlelight ski, hike and snowshoe event this Saturday, according to a release.
A candlelit one-mile wooded loop will be available for skiing, and a separate three-quarter-mile candlelit wooded trail will be available for hikers, snowshoers and leashed pets, organizers said.
The event is scheduled from 5:30-8:30 p.m. with guided hikes through the illuminated woods scheduled with the parks' naturalist at 6 p.m. and 7 p.m., according to the release. Members of the Nordic ski patrol will also be on hand to assist skiers.
Free hot drinks will be available inside the heated Friends Shelter, organizers said. Hot food, baked goods and commemorative shirts will also be for sale.
Attendees will also be able to enjoy a bonfire and free marshmallows for roasting.
The only cost for the event is a daily or annual park sticker, which can be purchased upon entry to the park, according to the release. For more information or trail conditions, call Blue Mound State Park at 608-437-5711 or go online.
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam
- Warmer weather means construction starts on Capitol Square
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say