Wisconsin officials are encouraging local organizations to try to get into a program that promotes healthy eating in K-12 schools.
Farm to School is a federally funded program that has the state partnering with AmeriCorps to help schools get local foods and reduce childhood obesity.
Officials say organizations including state agencies, universities and nonprofit groups are invited to apply. The deadline is April 26.
AmeriCorps says it got 23 applications last year and selected seven organizations.
- Shots fired in east Madison after argument
- Report: Milwaukee County mom drugs slushy, rapes 10-year-old boy
- Madison man arrested for sixth OWI
- Local businesses say Clinton police have ‘harassment type mentality'
- Brodhead police search for man who reportedly threatened to bring gun to work
- Organizers, participants look forward to marathon despite weather concerns