Wisconsin officials are encouraging local organizations to try to get into a program that promotes healthy eating in K-12 schools.
Farm to School is a federally funded program that has the state partnering with AmeriCorps to help schools get local foods and reduce childhood obesity.
Officials say organizations including state agencies, universities and nonprofit groups are invited to apply. The deadline is April 26.
AmeriCorps says it got 23 applications last year and selected seven organizations.
- Sheriff: Man driving 30 mph over speed limit was drunk
- Stoughton woman faces 5th OWI charge
- Farms' thirst for water roils Wisconsin's central sands
- Town of Janesville man faces 6th OWI
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000