Wisconsin officials are encouraging local organizations to try to get into a program that promotes healthy eating in K-12 schools.
Farm to School is a federally funded program that has the state partnering with AmeriCorps to help schools get local foods and reduce childhood obesity.
Officials say organizations including state agencies, universities and nonprofit groups are invited to apply. The deadline is April 26.
AmeriCorps says it got 23 applications last year and selected seven organizations.
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK