Wisconsin officials are encouraging local organizations to try to get into a program that promotes healthy eating in K-12 schools.
Farm to School is a federally funded program that has the state partnering with AmeriCorps to help schools get local foods and reduce childhood obesity.
Officials say organizations including state agencies, universities and nonprofit groups are invited to apply. The deadline is April 26.
AmeriCorps says it got 23 applications last year and selected seven organizations.
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees