Wisconsin officials are encouraging local organizations to try to get into a program that promotes healthy eating in K-12 schools.
Farm to School is a federally funded program that has the state partnering with AmeriCorps to help schools get local foods and reduce childhood obesity.
Officials say organizations including state agencies, universities and nonprofit groups are invited to apply. The deadline is April 26.
AmeriCorps says it got 23 applications last year and selected seven organizations.
- Pickup truck, car fall through ice on 2 Dodge County lakes
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Driver of car going 107 mph suspected of drug use, deputies say
- Car reported missing discovered crashed into condo, police say
- Driver who nearly strikes state patrol car charged with 4th OWI, trooper says