Some food banks in Wisconsin are forming a state association to help coordinate efforts to aid the hungry.
Officials plan to announce Tuesday that Wisconsin Feeding America food banks have formed the Wisconsin Association of Feeding America Food Banks.
According to Feeding America Eastern Wisconsin, the new organization will help coordinate and create public and private partnerships to help end hunger in Wisconsin, raise public awareness and identify additional food and revenue sources.
The new state association includes Channel One Regional Food Bank, Feed My People Food Bank, Feeding America Eastern Wisconsin, Second Harvest Foodbank of Southern Wisconsin, Second Harvest Heartland and Second Harvest Northern Lakes Food Bank. Those food banks serve every county in Wisconsin
United Healthcare plans to donate $100,000 to support the State Association.
- Grocery store offers 'ugly' produce to combat food waste
- Silver Alert issued for missing Marathon County man
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs