Some food banks in Wisconsin are forming a state association to help coordinate efforts to aid the hungry.
Officials plan to announce Tuesday that Wisconsin Feeding America food banks have formed the Wisconsin Association of Feeding America Food Banks.
According to Feeding America Eastern Wisconsin, the new organization will help coordinate and create public and private partnerships to help end hunger in Wisconsin, raise public awareness and identify additional food and revenue sources.
The new state association includes Channel One Regional Food Bank, Feed My People Food Bank, Feeding America Eastern Wisconsin, Second Harvest Foodbank of Southern Wisconsin, Second Harvest Heartland and Second Harvest Northern Lakes Food Bank. Those food banks serve every county in Wisconsin
United Healthcare plans to donate $100,000 to support the State Association.
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns