Some food banks in Wisconsin are forming a state association to help coordinate efforts to aid the hungry.
Officials plan to announce Tuesday that Wisconsin Feeding America food banks have formed the Wisconsin Association of Feeding America Food Banks.
According to Feeding America Eastern Wisconsin, the new organization will help coordinate and create public and private partnerships to help end hunger in Wisconsin, raise public awareness and identify additional food and revenue sources.
The new state association includes Channel One Regional Food Bank, Feed My People Food Bank, Feeding America Eastern Wisconsin, Second Harvest Foodbank of Southern Wisconsin, Second Harvest Heartland and Second Harvest Northern Lakes Food Bank. Those food banks serve every county in Wisconsin
United Healthcare plans to donate $100,000 to support the State Association.
- Man suffers ‘incapacitating injury' in Grant County crash, deputies say
- Surveillance video shows burglars breaking into Madison cellphone store
- Records show little GOP feedback to state education plan
- Lincoln Hills psychologist dismissed
- Kenosha teen who stabbed classmate was punched by victim
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online