WISCONSIN DELLS, Wis. - Billiards lovers flocked to Wisconsin Dells this week for the 26th annual Wisconsin State Pool Tournament.
Organizers counted more than 1,200 participants playing in the event that kicked off Wednesday at Chula Vista Resort.
The tournament gives billiards players from all corners of the state the chance to get together once a year in the name of pool.
"They don't have the opportunity to see these people on a regular basis," event organizer Al Lucchi said of the participants. "They meet once a year at the pool tournament, they talk about what's going on, and shoot and see if they can beat them."
Finalists will play off Sunday for the tournament's grand prize of $2,000.
- Teens say armed man asked them to get in car, police say
- Couple heard window being opened, scared off a would-be burglar, PD says
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Majority of Superior shipyard workers test positive for lead
- Law enforcement warns of dangerous, ice-covered roads
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say