WISCONSIN DELLS, Wis. - Billiards lovers flocked to Wisconsin Dells this week for the 26th annual Wisconsin State Pool Tournament.
Organizers counted more than 1,200 participants playing in the event that kicked off Wednesday at Chula Vista Resort.
The tournament gives billiards players from all corners of the state the chance to get together once a year in the name of pool.
"They don't have the opportunity to see these people on a regular basis," event organizer Al Lucchi said of the participants. "They meet once a year at the pool tournament, they talk about what's going on, and shoot and see if they can beat them."
Finalists will play off Sunday for the tournament's grand prize of $2,000.
- Lawsuit accuses Milwaukee police officers of illegal stop-and-frisks
- Officials discuss fix to collapsed bridge
- Criminal investigators to look into apartment fire in Green Lake County
- Mexican official threatens to halt U.S. corn imports, worrying local farmers
- Incumbent Evers advances easily in schools race
- Consumer Reports: Genetic testing your health