WISCONSIN DELLS, Wis. - Billiards lovers flocked to Wisconsin Dells this week for the 26th annual Wisconsin State Pool Tournament.
Organizers counted more than 1,200 participants playing in the event that kicked off Wednesday at Chula Vista Resort.
The tournament gives billiards players from all corners of the state the chance to get together once a year in the name of pool.
"They don't have the opportunity to see these people on a regular basis," event organizer Al Lucchi said of the participants. "They meet once a year at the pool tournament, they talk about what's going on, and shoot and see if they can beat them."
Finalists will play off Sunday for the tournament's grand prize of $2,000.
- Dog recovering after eating nails wrapped in hot dogs; Police look for person who left them
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'
- County leaders announce effort to increase access to services for sexual assault victims
- Man barricaded in house with guns, ammunition surrenders, police say