MADISON, Wis. - A man was arrested Sunday morning after running from police who were pursuing him for allegedly stealing a tip jar from a Starbucks, according to a release.
Kirk L. Becker, 53, took the tip jar from the Starbucks at 1 E. Main St. around 8:25 a.m. after the barista turned down his request for free coffee, police said.
According to the release, Becker said, "There are homeless people out here. You should invite them in for free coffee."
When the barista told Becker that would be against the store's policy, he called her selfish and grabbed the tip jar with a couple dollars in it, police said.
As Becker attempted to run from officers he yelled, "You can't catch me," according to the release. Police were able to take Becker into custody, and as they handcuffed him he shouted, "I do not forgive you."
Becker faces tentative charges of theft and resisting or obstructing an officer.Madison crime map
- Dane County deputies shut down Bratfest carnival
- Police investigate bomb threat at Madison library
- Extra Janesville officers on patrol for 'Click It or Ticket' enforcement
- Diabetics feeling pinch as insulin prices rise 8 percent
- Police: occupants of both cars in hit-and-run flee scene
- Officials identify two men killed in Sheboygan plane crash