MIAMI - Giancarlo Stanton hit two home runs and made a spectacular diving catch in right field to help the Miami Marlins beat the St. Louis Cardinals 6-5 on Monday night.
Stanton's 13th multi-homer game established a franchise career record and he tied Hanley Ramirez for second place on the club's all-time home run list with 148. Stanton hit a two-run homer in the first and a solo shot in the third to give him 31 on the season.
Marlins starter Tom Koehler (8-9) allowed three runs and eight hits in five innings.
Steve Cishek escaped the ninth to record his 30th save in 33 chances. With two outs, Cishek allowed an RBI triple by Kolten Wong and an RBI single by Matt Holliday allowing the Cardinals to pull within 6-5. Cishek struck out Matt Adams to end the game.
Jon Jay hit a two-run home run, Holliday had four hits, and Shelby Miller (8-9) allowed five runs in five innings for the Cardinals, who have lost three of four.
- Janesville police investigate first homicide since 2014
- Study shows Wisconsin poverty rate reached new low in 2015
- Jerry Kramer joins honor flight trip to help Vietnam veterans
- Brat Fest carnival to close early Sunday after late night fights
- Car rolls over into residential home's front lawn
- Fort Atkinson man arrested for sixth OWI