MADISON, Wis. - A standoff at a hotel on Madison's east side Wednesday ended peacefully, according to Madison police.
Officers said the standoff started after they were called to a hotel in the 3800 block of East Washington Avenue at 12:51 p.m. for a report of a wanted subject.
Police confirmed the wanted person was at the hotel and one woman came out of the room but the wanted subject, Alexsey Brik, 25, did not.
Police said they negotiated for hours before a SWAT team took him into custody.
He was arrested on suspicion of domestic-related charges and charges related to the standoff.
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration
- Child expert weighs in on search for 9-month-old
- Sheriff warns of phone scammer pretending to be deputy
- Warm weather is melting away profits in the winter sports industry