MADISON, Wis. - A standoff at a hotel on Madison's east side Wednesday ended peacefully, according to Madison police.
Officers said the standoff started after they were called to a hotel in the 3800 block of East Washington Avenue at 12:51 p.m. for a report of a wanted subject.
Police confirmed the wanted person was at the hotel and one woman came out of the room but the wanted subject, Alexsey Brik, 25, did not.
Police said they negotiated for hours before a SWAT team took him into custody.
He was arrested on suspicion of domestic-related charges and charges related to the standoff.
- Bullets hit 2 apartment buildings, police say
- Wisconsin faces construction worker shortage as home building projects increase
- Prosecutor says no water for week led to jail dehydration death
- Extra patrols added for spring party
- Shirtless female toddler on splash pad sparks debate
- Teacher confesses to sex with student in classroom