COLUMBIA COUNTY, Wis. - A woman was arrested in Columbia County Thursday on charges of first-degree attempted homicide.
Stephanie McMillen, 43, was arrested by the Columbia County Sheriff's Office after a complaint from last month. Police said McMillen wore a disguise, faked a name, sent e-mails, rented a vehicle and was stalking her lover's wife.
McMillen was also arrested on Sept. 12 on suspicion of stalking but was released on a signature bond, said police.
After obtaining search warrants and subpoenas, deputies said they found motive to take McMillen into custody.
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land