COLUMBIA COUNTY, Wis. - A woman was arrested in Columbia County Thursday on charges of first-degree attempted homicide.
Stephanie McMillen, 43, was arrested by the Columbia County Sheriff's Office after a complaint from last month. Police said McMillen wore a disguise, faked a name, sent e-mails, rented a vehicle and was stalking her lover's wife.
McMillen was also arrested on Sept. 12 on suspicion of stalking but was released on a signature bond, said police.
After obtaining search warrants and subpoenas, deputies said they found motive to take McMillen into custody.
- Pedestrian killed in Walworth County crash
- Thousands participate in Madison March for Science
- Friends, family send off 85 National Guard members
- Body pulled out of Kinnickinnic River in Milwaukee
- Signs go up in Racine marking Frank Lloyd Wright Trail
- DNR: Alcohol may be involved in Lake Wisconsin boat crash