TOWN OF KENDALL, Wis. - A Lafayette County squad car was struck while a deputy was assisting a vehicle that had gone into a ditch Sunday night.
Deputies said the squad car was struck by a vehicle driven by Augustine A. Thang, 21, of Rock Island, Ill., as it traveled south on State Highway 151 in the town of Kendall. Thang lost control of the vehicle, struck the squad car and slid into the ditch and struck the car waiting for a tow truck, deputies said.
The squad car was occupied by a deputy and the driver of the car that was in the ditch. The squad car had all emergency lights activated when it was struck.
No one was injured.
Thang was cited on suspicion of failure to control his vehicle.
The Wisconsin State Patrol assisted with the accident investigation.
- Multiple reports of gunshots heard in Madison Sunday night
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game