MADISON, Wis. - A camera in a Madison police squad car parked on the city's west side caught images of what appears to be a meteor late Wednesday.
The squad car was parked near Westgate Mall's Hy-Vee store when the light in the sky appeared at about 11:52 p.m.
Another officer driving on Old Sauk Road also saw the light.
The officer parked at Westgate drove to where he thought the object might have fallen there and could not find anything out of the ordinary.
The Federal Aviation Administration reported no large planes in the area.Squad car camera catches images of possible meteor
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets
- Wisconsin tribes clash in casino expansion fight