MADISON, Wis. - A spray was used on two women whose purses were taken while walking in downtown Madison late Friday night, according to a release from Madison police.
Police said the women, ages 21 and 25, were walking home from State Street when they were approached from behind by two women and a man in the 400 block of West Washington Avenue.
One of the victims told police they were sprayed with what she believes was pepper spray and their purses were grabbed. One of the victims was thrown to the ground.
Police said the purses were found in different locations in the 400 block of West Mifflin Street with money and valuables missing.
One of the female robbers is described as black, in her late teens to early 20s, 5 feet 6 inches to 5 feet 7 inches tall and wearing a white tank top. The other woman was black, 5 feet 4 inches to 5 feet 5 inches tall and heavier than the other woman. No description of the man was available.
- Suspected serial thief steals again, police say
- State manufacturing tax credit continues to grow
- Man scammed out of $4,300 by person claiming to be grandson
- Man stabs girlfriend in neck with scissors, police say
- Fremont woman accused in boyfriend's fatal stabbing is acquitted
- East Towne Mall employee attacked, robbed