MADISON, Wis. - A spray was used on two women whose purses were taken while walking in downtown Madison late Friday night, according to a release from Madison police.
Police said the women, ages 21 and 25, were walking home from State Street when they were approached from behind by two women and a man in the 400 block of West Washington Avenue.
One of the victims told police they were sprayed with what she believes was pepper spray and their purses were grabbed. One of the victims was thrown to the ground.
Police said the purses were found in different locations in the 400 block of West Mifflin Street with money and valuables missing.
One of the female robbers is described as black, in her late teens to early 20s, 5 feet 6 inches to 5 feet 7 inches tall and wearing a white tank top. The other woman was black, 5 feet 4 inches to 5 feet 5 inches tall and heavier than the other woman. No description of the man was available.
- Dog recovering after eating nails wrapped in hot dogs; Police look for person who left them
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'
- County leaders announce effort to increase access to services for sexual assault victims
- Man barricaded in house with guns, ammunition surrenders, police say