COTTAGE GROVE, Wis. - A Sullivan man suspected of driving 20 miles over the speed limit was also charged with felony drunken driving, authorities said.
The Dane County Sheriff's Office said a deputy stopped on a vehicle at 2 a.m. Saturday on suspicion of going 75 mph in a 55 mph limit zone. The vehicle was traveling on Highway 12/18 near County Highway N in the town of Cottage Grove.
The sheriff's office said the driver, 28-year-old Stephen J. Wleczyk, had a strong odor of alcohol on his breath and open intoxicants in his vehicle.
Wleczyk was arrested on suspicion of fifth-offense operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated, a felony. He was also cited on suspicion operating after revocation, speeding, open intoxicants and lack of insurance.
The sheriff said he was taken to the Dane County Jail.
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets