MADISON, Wis. - A man who drove his van at 80 mph on East Washington Avenue and refused to stop for police crashed after turning into a cul-de-sac, according to a release from Madison police.
An officer attempted to stop the van driven by Antonio R. Gentry, 32, late Saturday night, and estimated the van was going about 80 mph in a 35 mph zone.
Police said the van turned from Portage Road onto Village Lane and crashed into a wrought-iron arbor between two homes when the road ended.
Gentry ran and was tackled while trying to climb a 7-foot fence, police said.
Gentry was arrested on suspicion of fleeing an officer, criminal damage to property, resisting an officer and on a probation hold. He was cited on suspicion of operating after revocation, imprudent speed and having no insurance.Madison crime map
- Trump, Walker discuss dairy dispute in Wisconsin
- 6-year-old watching TV nearly struck by bullet, Madison police say
- Man injured in gunfire incident at Verona Road gas station
- Student stabbed, seriously wounded at Kenosha high school
- Sauk County man wins $53,000 lottery prize
- Bullets hit 2 apartment buildings, police say