MADISON, Wis. - Madison police are planning summer-long special enforcement on the West Beltline Highway starting Monday.
Madison police point to two multi-vehicle crashes that occurred during morning rush hours in the past week and say the area is congested and highly traveled.
Fines for speeding tickets start at $88.80 and can go as high as $429.00. They double in construction zones.
Police said drivers to be safe, follow traffic laws and avoid distractions behind the wheel.
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK
- Look, up in the sky! It's gypsy moth sprayers
- AG Schimel: Undercover campaign videos reveal no crime
- Oakcrest Tavern robbed at gunpoint at closing time, PD says
- State at high risk of wildfires after sunny, dry weather
- 15-year-old girl shot with BB gun at Elver Park