MADISON, Wis. - The Dane County Sheriff's Office is among other law enforcement agencies statewide targeting drunken drivers this weekend.
Deputies will conduct an overtime grant enforcement project Saturday night focused on keeping intoxicated drivers off the road. Four extra deputies will be working between 7 p.m. and 3 a.m.
The additional enforcement is made possible by the Wisconsin Department of Transportation, Bureau of Transportation Safety.
The Dane County Sheriff's Office encourages drivers to plan ahead for a safe ride home by designating a sober driver or using another form of transportation.
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK