MADISON, Wis. - The Dane County Sheriff's Office is among other law enforcement agencies statewide targeting drunken drivers this weekend.
Deputies will conduct an overtime grant enforcement project Saturday night focused on keeping intoxicated drivers off the road. Four extra deputies will be working between 7 p.m. and 3 a.m.
The additional enforcement is made possible by the Wisconsin Department of Transportation, Bureau of Transportation Safety.
The Dane County Sheriff's Office encourages drivers to plan ahead for a safe ride home by designating a sober driver or using another form of transportation.
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire