MADISON, Wis. - South Carolina Republican U.S. Sen. Tim Scott is holding a fundraiser Wednesday in Milwaukee.
The event comes just five days before Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker is scheduled to attend a fundraiser hosted by Scott in South Carolina to help kick off the re-election campaign of Gov. Nikki Haley. Walker is being joined by Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal and Texas Gov. Rick Perry for that fundraiser Aug. 26.
Haley appointed Scott to his seat earlier this year after Jim DeMint stepped down. Scott is up for election in 2014 to finish the final two years of his term. He has no announced opposition.
An invitation for the Milwaukee fundraiser says the requested donation to be listed as a host of the event is $2,500. The cheapest ticket is $125.
- Complaint: 14-year-old's father finds sexual assault suspect in closet
- Attempt to drill into SUV gas tank ignites fuel, MFD says
- New Glarus man stopped for expired vehicle registration faces 6th OWI
- Man robbed at gunpoint in parking lot, police say
- Bicyclist injured in collision with Buick, fire officials say
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing