MADISON, Wis. - South Carolina Republican U.S. Sen. Tim Scott is holding a fundraiser Wednesday in Milwaukee.
The event comes just five days before Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker is scheduled to attend a fundraiser hosted by Scott in South Carolina to help kick off the re-election campaign of Gov. Nikki Haley. Walker is being joined by Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal and Texas Gov. Rick Perry for that fundraiser Aug. 26.
Haley appointed Scott to his seat earlier this year after Jim DeMint stepped down. Scott is up for election in 2014 to finish the final two years of his term. He has no announced opposition.
An invitation for the Milwaukee fundraiser says the requested donation to be listed as a host of the event is $2,500. The cheapest ticket is $125.
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend
- Madison police have video of road rage incident involving a car and bike
- Robbery suspect arrested after stealing purse containing $1