GREEN BAY, Wis. - A U.S. Army reservist who was killed after he tried to help victims of a minor Brown County car crash is remembered as someone who always thought about others first.
Brown County authorities said Steiner and a friend came upon a minor crash Jan. 27 just after midnight. As they checked on the vehicle occupants another vehicle slammed into the wreckage, launching Steiner over an overpass.
His father, Douglas Steiner of Howard, said his son was doing what he always did -- helping other people. Douglas Steiner said what happened was horrifying but the family will always be proud of him.
A Facebook page in Andrew's honor has nearly 3,500 likes.
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'
- County leaders announce effort to increase access to services for sexual assault victims
- Man barricaded in house with guns, ammunition surrenders, police say
- Local musician, drum instructor charged with possession of child porn