GREEN BAY, Wis. - A U.S. Army reservist who was killed after he tried to help victims of a minor Brown County car crash is remembered as someone who always thought about others first.
Brown County authorities said Steiner and a friend came upon a minor crash Jan. 27 just after midnight. As they checked on the vehicle occupants another vehicle slammed into the wreckage, launching Steiner over an overpass.
His father, Douglas Steiner of Howard, said his son was doing what he always did -- helping other people. Douglas Steiner said what happened was horrifying but the family will always be proud of him.
A Facebook page in Andrew's honor has nearly 3,500 likes.
- 30 missing after avalanche buries Italian hotel
- One injured after stabbing in Madison
- Grocery store offers 'ugly' produce to combat food waste
- Missing Marathon County man found safe
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth