DURAND, Wis. - A man has died after falling into the Chippewa River in Dunn County, despite attempts by his son and emergency responders to revive him.
Sheriff's officials say 60-year-old Richard Boettcher of rural Mondovi was sitting on the river bank while his son and another person were fishing northeast of Durand Monday evening. As they prepared to leave, the son walked to the car. When his father failed to follow, the son returned to the fishing spot and found his father floating in the river.
The Eau Claire Leader-Telegram says resuscitation efforts by the son and first responders were unsuccessful.
- $1M lottery ticket sold in Madison expires soon
- Men to be without safe, sober home with no live-in manager
- Ho-Chunk casino could draw $37 million from other casinos
- Multiple reports of gunshots heard in Madison Sunday night
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl