DURAND, Wis. - A man has died after falling into the Chippewa River in Dunn County, despite attempts by his son and emergency responders to revive him.
Sheriff's officials say 60-year-old Richard Boettcher of rural Mondovi was sitting on the river bank while his son and another person were fishing northeast of Durand Monday evening. As they prepared to leave, the son walked to the car. When his father failed to follow, the son returned to the fishing spot and found his father floating in the river.
The Eau Claire Leader-Telegram says resuscitation efforts by the son and first responders were unsuccessful.
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend
- Madison police have video of road rage incident involving a car and bike