DURAND, Wis. - A man has died after falling into the Chippewa River in Dunn County, despite attempts by his son and emergency responders to revive him.
Sheriff's officials say 60-year-old Richard Boettcher of rural Mondovi was sitting on the river bank while his son and another person were fishing northeast of Durand Monday evening. As they prepared to leave, the son walked to the car. When his father failed to follow, the son returned to the fishing spot and found his father floating in the river.
The Eau Claire Leader-Telegram says resuscitation efforts by the son and first responders were unsuccessful.
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes