SHEBOYGAN, Wis. - A Sheboygan teen has pleaded not guilty to killing his father and hiding his body in their apartment.
A Sheboygan County judge has denied a defense request to lower bail for 17-year-old Dorian Torres, who remains in jail on $750,000 cash bond. He's charged with first-degree intentional homicide in the death of 41-year-old Emilio Torres. An autopsy showed the victim was repeatedly struck in the head with a blunt object.
Police said Torres hid his father's body in a bed box spring. The body was found wrapped in part of a tent, shower curtain and two blankets last month. Sheboygan Press Media reported the father may have been killed about a week before his body was found.
- Dog recovering after eating nails wrapped in hot dogs; Police look for person who left them
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'
- County leaders announce effort to increase access to services for sexual assault victims
- Man barricaded in house with guns, ammunition surrenders, police say