SHEBOYGAN, Wis. - A Sheboygan teen has pleaded not guilty to killing his father and hiding his body in their apartment.
A Sheboygan County judge has denied a defense request to lower bail for 17-year-old Dorian Torres, who remains in jail on $750,000 cash bond. He's charged with first-degree intentional homicide in the death of 41-year-old Emilio Torres. An autopsy showed the victim was repeatedly struck in the head with a blunt object.
Police said Torres hid his father's body in a bed box spring. The body was found wrapped in part of a tent, shower curtain and two blankets last month. Sheboygan Press Media reported the father may have been killed about a week before his body was found.
- Silver Alert issued for missing Marathon County man
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs
- Warmer weather creates bumpy ride for drivers