WASHBURN, Wis. - A 44-year-old man is charged with killing his parents in an attack in their apartment in a small Bayfield County community last weekend.
Prosecutors on Friday charged Jim Crain Jr. with two counts of first-degree intentional homicide.
Crain is accused of killing his father and mother, 79-year-old Jim Crain and 76-year-old Eunice Crain of Iron River.
According to the complaint, Eunice Crain made an emergency call about 6 p.m. Saturday to report that she and her husband were being beaten by their son.
When officers arrived, they found the couple dead on the floor. The suspect was in the bathroom with a blood-covered butcher knife next to him.
The complaint says Jim Crain Jr. had wounds on his neck and wrists, apparently self-inflicted.
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Stoughton man faces felony 7th OWI
- Highway 151 closed near Blue Mounds due to semi vs. car crash
- Police, medical examiner respond to suspicious death
- Construction continues on Capitol Square; new traffic pattern starts May 1