WASHBURN, Wis. - A 44-year-old man is charged with killing his parents in an attack in their apartment in a small Bayfield County community last weekend.
Prosecutors on Friday charged Jim Crain Jr. with two counts of first-degree intentional homicide.
Crain is accused of killing his father and mother, 79-year-old Jim Crain and 76-year-old Eunice Crain of Iron River.
According to the complaint, Eunice Crain made an emergency call about 6 p.m. Saturday to report that she and her husband were being beaten by their son.
When officers arrived, they found the couple dead on the floor. The suspect was in the bathroom with a blood-covered butcher knife next to him.
The complaint says Jim Crain Jr. had wounds on his neck and wrists, apparently self-inflicted.
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire