MADISON, Wis. - Madison Mayor Paul Soglin said he plans to run for mayoral reelection next year.
"Assuming nothing changes my mind, I'll make an official announcement sometime next year," said Soglin.
Soglin said if he is able to eliminate poverty, unemployment and all the gaps within the next 18 months it would change his mind about running.
"We've made progress in straightening out city finances and the city's economy, but the magnitude of the task is so large, it can't be done in four years," said Soglin.
Soglin said his top issues are fixing city finances and tackling poverty so that all Madisonians participate in the benefits of the city.
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart