MADISON, Wis. - Madison Mayor Paul Soglin said he plans to run for mayoral reelection next year.
"Assuming nothing changes my mind, I'll make an official announcement sometime next year," said Soglin.
Soglin said if he is able to eliminate poverty, unemployment and all the gaps within the next 18 months it would change his mind about running.
"We've made progress in straightening out city finances and the city's economy, but the magnitude of the task is so large, it can't be done in four years," said Soglin.
Soglin said his top issues are fixing city finances and tackling poverty so that all Madisonians participate in the benefits of the city.
- Grocery store offers 'ugly' produce to combat food waste
- Silver Alert issued for missing Marathon County man
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs