NEW RICHMOND, Wis. - Authorities in western Wisconsin are investigating the death of a 4-year-old child who was struck by a snowplow.
St. Croix County sheriff's deputies and emergency crews were sent to a home in Star Prairie Township just before noon Tuesday on a report of a child who had been struck by a vehicle.
The child was pronounced dead at a New Richmond hospital.
The Sheriff's Office said preliminary information indicates a relative of the child was plowing snow with a pickup truck when the child was struck.
Further details were not immediately released, pending further investigation.
- Suspected serial thief steals again, police say
- State manufacturing tax credit continues to grow
- Man scammed out of $4,300 by person claiming to be grandson
- Man stabs girlfriend in neck with scissors, police say
- Fremont woman accused in boyfriend's fatal stabbing is acquitted
- East Towne Mall employee attacked, robbed