NEW RICHMOND, Wis. - Authorities in western Wisconsin are investigating the death of a 4-year-old child who was struck by a snowplow.
St. Croix County sheriff's deputies and emergency crews were sent to a home in Star Prairie Township just before noon Tuesday on a report of a child who had been struck by a vehicle.
The child was pronounced dead at a New Richmond hospital.
The Sheriff's Office said preliminary information indicates a relative of the child was plowing snow with a pickup truck when the child was struck.
Further details were not immediately released, pending further investigation.
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam
- Warmer weather means construction starts on Capitol Square
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say