PINE CITY, Minn. - Authorities have recovered the body of a Minnesota snowmobiler missing in the St. Croix River for two months.
The Pine County sheriff's office reports two Wisconsin DNR wardens located the body of 43-year-old James Harlan Frentress of Brooklyn Park on Saturday.
Frentress had been missing since his snowmobile broke through the ice on the river Feb. 16. His body was identified by the Ramsey County medical examiner's officer.
Authorities found Frentress' snowmobile on the night he went missing but were unable to search the water due to dangerous river conditions.
WDIO-TV reports the Pine County Sheriff's Office has canceled a search for Frentress' body that was planned for later this week.
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls