PINE CITY, Minn. - Authorities have recovered the body of a Minnesota snowmobiler missing in the St. Croix River for two months.
The Pine County sheriff's office reports two Wisconsin DNR wardens located the body of 43-year-old James Harlan Frentress of Brooklyn Park on Saturday.
Frentress had been missing since his snowmobile broke through the ice on the river Feb. 16. His body was identified by the Ramsey County medical examiner's officer.
Authorities found Frentress' snowmobile on the night he went missing but were unable to search the water due to dangerous river conditions.
WDIO-TV reports the Pine County Sheriff's Office has canceled a search for Frentress' body that was planned for later this week.
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial