PINE CITY, Minn. - Authorities have recovered the body of a Minnesota snowmobiler missing in the St. Croix River for two months.
The Pine County sheriff's office reports two Wisconsin DNR wardens located the body of 43-year-old James Harlan Frentress of Brooklyn Park on Saturday.
Frentress had been missing since his snowmobile broke through the ice on the river Feb. 16. His body was identified by the Ramsey County medical examiner's officer.
Authorities found Frentress' snowmobile on the night he went missing but were unable to search the water due to dangerous river conditions.
WDIO-TV reports the Pine County Sheriff's Office has canceled a search for Frentress' body that was planned for later this week.
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets