PINE CITY, Minn. - Authorities have recovered the body of a Minnesota snowmobiler missing in the St. Croix River for two months.
The Pine County sheriff's office reports two Wisconsin DNR wardens located the body of 43-year-old James Harlan Frentress of Brooklyn Park on Saturday.
Frentress had been missing since his snowmobile broke through the ice on the river Feb. 16. His body was identified by the Ramsey County medical examiner's officer.
Authorities found Frentress' snowmobile on the night he went missing but were unable to search the water due to dangerous river conditions.
WDIO-TV reports the Pine County Sheriff's Office has canceled a search for Frentress' body that was planned for later this week.
- Dog recovering after eating nails wrapped in hot dogs; Police look for person who left them
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'
- County leaders announce effort to increase access to services for sexual assault victims
- Man barricaded in house with guns, ammunition surrenders, police say