RHINELANDER, Wis. - Snow is expected to delay the opening of campgrounds and recreational trails in northern Wisconsin's Chequamegon-Nicolet National Forest.
Officials say much of the forest's 1.5 million acres have had more snow than normal.
As a result, officials expect the opening of the forest's 53 developed campgrounds will be delayed.
Recreational trails across the forest also will be opening later than usual. All trails will be closed due to the snowpack and wet conditions until about May 17. Trails on the Lakewood-Laona District will open May 10 if conditions allow.
Visitors are encouraged to check the forest's website or call the district offices to check on opening dates.
- Shredfest helps protect more than 1,100 people's identities
- 'Life goes on': Production ends at Oscar Mayer plant
- Vehicles, building hit by bullets in Fitchburg
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed