MADISON, Wis. - An updated forecast shows the potential snowfall expected Tuesday is diminishing, prompting the cancellation of a winter storm watch for areas south and east of Madison.
Snow is expected to start falling during late afternoon or early evening Tuesday and could affect Tuesday's evening commute.
One to two inches of snow could fall in the Madison area with lower totals expected north and west of Madison.
The highest snow totals in Wisconsin will be in the Milwaukee, Kenosha, and Racine areas.
Temperatures will be in the 30s, so forecasters are expecting wet and heavy snow.
- Winter weather could slow Wednesday commute
- $1M lottery ticket sold in Madison expires soon
- Men to be without safe, sober home with no live-in manager
- Ho-Chunk casino could draw $37 million from other casinos
- Multiple reports of gunshots heard in Madison Sunday night
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue