MADISON, Wis. - An updated forecast shows the potential snowfall expected Tuesday is diminishing, prompting the cancellation of a winter storm watch for areas south and east of Madison.
Snow is expected to start falling during late afternoon or early evening Tuesday and could affect Tuesday's evening commute.
One to two inches of snow could fall in the Madison area with lower totals expected north and west of Madison.
The highest snow totals in Wisconsin will be in the Milwaukee, Kenosha, and Racine areas.
Temperatures will be in the 30s, so forecasters are expecting wet and heavy snow.
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend
- Madison police have video of road rage incident involving a car and bike