MADISON, Wis. - An updated forecast shows the potential snowfall expected Tuesday is diminishing, prompting the cancellation of a winter storm watch for areas south and east of Madison.
Snow is expected to start falling during late afternoon or early evening Tuesday and could affect Tuesday's evening commute.
One to two inches of snow could fall in the Madison area with lower totals expected north and west of Madison.
The highest snow totals in Wisconsin will be in the Milwaukee, Kenosha, and Racine areas.
Temperatures will be in the 30s, so forecasters are expecting wet and heavy snow.
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets
- Wisconsin tribes clash in casino expansion fight
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks
- Find of device that looked like military mortar causes scare
- Lawyers for man charged in killing accuse victim's boyfriend
- 3 hospitalized, displaced in near west side fire