MADISON, Wis. - Police said a 24-year-old man was mugged on Madison's north side Saturday by a man who had agreed to buy a pair of collector sneakers from him.
Lt. Cory Nelson with the Madison Police Department said the victim made arrangements to sell a pair of vintage Air Jordan shoes to a man for $160. The two met up in the 1400 block of Trailsway at about 1:15 p.m. to make the sale but the "buyer" pulled a gun on him and stole the shoes.
The victim told police the robber was a black man in his early 20s of average build and about 5 feet 9 inches tall. The man who stole the sneakers was wearing a black beanie hat and a black jacket, according to the report.
The red-and-black shoes are described as being "Retro 13's."
The report did not indicate how the two men had gotten in contact.
- Wisconsin school advocates pushing for more money
- Research indicates correct breast examination techniques are widely misunderstood
- Shell casings found downtown after shots fired call
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother