MADISON, Wis. - Police said a 24-year-old man was mugged on Madison's north side Saturday by a man who had agreed to buy a pair of collector sneakers from him.
Lt. Cory Nelson with the Madison Police Department said the victim made arrangements to sell a pair of vintage Air Jordan shoes to a man for $160. The two met up in the 1400 block of Trailsway at about 1:15 p.m. to make the sale but the "buyer" pulled a gun on him and stole the shoes.
The victim told police the robber was a black man in his early 20s of average build and about 5 feet 9 inches tall. The man who stole the sneakers was wearing a black beanie hat and a black jacket, according to the report.
The red-and-black shoes are described as being "Retro 13's."
The report did not indicate how the two men had gotten in contact.
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns