MADISON, Wis. - Police said a 24-year-old man was mugged on Madison's north side Saturday by a man who had agreed to buy a pair of collector sneakers from him.
Lt. Cory Nelson with the Madison Police Department said the victim made arrangements to sell a pair of vintage Air Jordan shoes to a man for $160. The two met up in the 1400 block of Trailsway at about 1:15 p.m. to make the sale but the "buyer" pulled a gun on him and stole the shoes.
The victim told police the robber was a black man in his early 20s of average build and about 5 feet 9 inches tall. The man who stole the sneakers was wearing a black beanie hat and a black jacket, according to the report.
The red-and-black shoes are described as being "Retro 13's."
The report did not indicate how the two men had gotten in contact.
- Fremont woman accused in boyfriend's fatal stabbing is acquitted
- East Towne Mall employee attacked, robbed
- Woman arrested, suspected of abducting her kids
- ACLU: Youth prison lawsuit prompted by silence from investigators
- UW-Madison chosen to test autonomous vehicles
- Woman pinned in van after crash with ambulance on Hwy. 12