MADISON, Wis. - Madison fire investigators are trying to determine who lit smoke bombs inside the hallway of an east side hotel Saturday night.
Firefighters were called to the Econo Lodge in the 4700 block of East Washington Avenue at 9:27 p.m. for a report of smoke in a hallway.
Firefighters said they found smoke in a second-floor hallway and three spent smoke bombs. The bombs had left marks on the carpet.
Police reviewed surveillance video which didn't clearly show who had thrown the smoke bombs. Several people left in taxis as crews arrived.
- Two people shot at while in a car on Madison's east side
- Dick's Sporting Goods windows smashed, teen arrested
- Dog recovering after eating nails wrapped in hot dogs; Police look for person who left them
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'