MADISON, Wis. - Madison fire investigators are trying to determine who lit smoke bombs inside the hallway of an east side hotel Saturday night.
Firefighters were called to the Econo Lodge in the 4700 block of East Washington Avenue at 9:27 p.m. for a report of smoke in a hallway.
Firefighters said they found smoke in a second-floor hallway and three spent smoke bombs. The bombs had left marks on the carpet.
Police reviewed surveillance video which didn't clearly show who had thrown the smoke bombs. Several people left in taxis as crews arrived.
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Monona cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case
- Consumer Reports: Should you buy Ikea appliances?
- Consumer Reports: Foods that heal
- WEDC grants help grow entrepreneurship programs across state
- Political expert weighs in on effectiveness of Women's March movement