MADISON, Wis. - Madison fire investigators are trying to determine who lit smoke bombs inside the hallway of an east side hotel Saturday night.
Firefighters were called to the Econo Lodge in the 4700 block of East Washington Avenue at 9:27 p.m. for a report of smoke in a hallway.
Firefighters said they found smoke in a second-floor hallway and three spent smoke bombs. The bombs had left marks on the carpet.
Police reviewed surveillance video which didn't clearly show who had thrown the smoke bombs. Several people left in taxis as crews arrived.
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says