MADISON, Wis. - Madison fire investigators are trying to determine who lit smoke bombs inside the hallway of an east side hotel Saturday night.
Firefighters were called to the Econo Lodge in the 4700 block of East Washington Avenue at 9:27 p.m. for a report of smoke in a hallway.
Firefighters said they found smoke in a second-floor hallway and three spent smoke bombs. The bombs had left marks on the carpet.
Police reviewed surveillance video which didn't clearly show who had thrown the smoke bombs. Several people left in taxis as crews arrived.
- Teenager 'going crazy with a knife' arrested
- PD: Drunk Mt. Horeb man jumps from moving car, runs into side of SUV
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Phone scammer claims to be MPD Chief Mike Koval, officials say
- Icy Dane County road causes nearly 40-car pileup, officials say
- Man, woman caught selling stolen bike on Craigslist, police say