JANESVILLE, Wis. - The slow-no-wake speed restriction on the Rock River has been removed, according to a release.
The water level is 7.92 feet on Lake Koshkonong and 6.43 in Afton, officials said. County ordinance says the speed restriction can be removed when water levels are below 8.0 feet on Lake Koshkonong and 6.5 feet in Afton for the Rock River between Lake Koshkonong and the Beloit Rock Town Line Road bridge.
Previous slow-no-wake restrictions placed on the rest of the Rock River have already been removed, so the entire river is now free from the speed restriction, according to the release.
Signs posting the restriction will be removed as soon as possible, deputies said.
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees