JANESVILLE, Wis. - The slow-no-wake speed restriction on the Rock River has been removed, according to a release.
The water level is 7.92 feet on Lake Koshkonong and 6.43 in Afton, officials said. County ordinance says the speed restriction can be removed when water levels are below 8.0 feet on Lake Koshkonong and 6.5 feet in Afton for the Rock River between Lake Koshkonong and the Beloit Rock Town Line Road bridge.
Previous slow-no-wake restrictions placed on the rest of the Rock River have already been removed, so the entire river is now free from the speed restriction, according to the release.
Signs posting the restriction will be removed as soon as possible, deputies said.
- Janesville family displaced after house fire
- Shooting on Madison's east side leave four injured, Koval concerned
- Wholesome Wave grant helps Madison residents access healthy food
- Firefighters investigating cause of McFarland fire
- Milwaukee police seek driver after fatal hit-and-run
- 2 confirmed dead after house fire in northeast Wisconsin