JANESVILLE, Wis. - The slow-no-wake speed restriction on the Rock River has been removed, according to a release.
The water level is 7.92 feet on Lake Koshkonong and 6.43 in Afton, officials said. County ordinance says the speed restriction can be removed when water levels are below 8.0 feet on Lake Koshkonong and 6.5 feet in Afton for the Rock River between Lake Koshkonong and the Beloit Rock Town Line Road bridge.
Previous slow-no-wake restrictions placed on the rest of the Rock River have already been removed, so the entire river is now free from the speed restriction, according to the release.
Signs posting the restriction will be removed as soon as possible, deputies said.
- Boy: 'I flew over a couple of seats and I hit the ground on the bus' during dump truck crash
- Wet weather keeps farmers from planting crops
- 9 months after fatal crash, driver charged with felony
- UW Health trial involves injecting stem cells into patients with heart failure
- Armed home invasion likely targeted, drug-related, police say
- DNR board OKs reducing fall buck-only zones