MADISION, Wis. - The slow, no-wake order issued for two Dane County lakes will be removed, according to a release.
The slow, no-wake order issued for Lake Kegonsa will be removed at sunrise Thursday, and the order for Lake Monona will be lifted at sunrise on Friday, according to the release.
Officials said the decision to remove the orders is consistent with the declaration issued last week that established benchmarks.
The slow, no-wake orders for lakes Waubesa and Crystal will remain in effect due to high water levels, according to the release.
Officials said water levels in Lake Waubesa continue to decline and are expected to fall enough to lift the order within the next few days.
The Crystal Lake order will remain in effect indefinitely, according to the release.
- Teens say armed man asked them to get in car, police say
- Couple heard window being opened, scared off a would-be burglar, PD says
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Majority of Superior shipyard workers test positive for lead
- Law enforcement warns of dangerous, ice-covered roads
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say