VERONA, Wis. - A Verona native was laid to rest Saturday morning in her hometown.
Cassandra Clark was a 26-year-old who had moved to Austin, Texas, after graduating from Edgewood College.
It was in an Austin apartment that her body was found on Sunday.
Ryan Clarke was arrested after he was found in a car, covered with blood and holding a knife.
Police said he told a hospital worker he had hurt someone.
Authorities report that the two had been dating.
Clarke has been charged with first-degree murder.
- Dodge Co. Sheriff asks for more student education after school threats made
- Two injured in Iowa County rollover crash
- Family: Milwaukee mother shot repeatedly in van
- Dane County airport wins award for food program
- East side Walgreens robbed at gunpoint Sunday
- New emergency equipment aids obese patients in Wisconsin