VERONA, Wis. - A Verona native was laid to rest Saturday morning in her hometown.
Cassandra Clark was a 26-year-old who had moved to Austin, Texas, after graduating from Edgewood College.
It was in an Austin apartment that her body was found on Sunday.
Ryan Clarke was arrested after he was found in a car, covered with blood and holding a knife.
Police said he told a hospital worker he had hurt someone.
Authorities report that the two had been dating.
Clarke has been charged with first-degree murder.
- UW-Madison chosen to test autonomous vehicles
- Woman pinned in van after crash with ambulance on Hwy. 12
- Increase in garage burglaries reported in Sun Prairie
- Man accused of trying to kill unborn child in Wis. arrested in NY
- Two men charged with armed robbery in Monroe
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter