SAUK PRAIRIE, Wis. - Arrest warrants have been issued in a string of identity theft cases in Sauk County that might be connected to a national $3 million theft ring, according to the Sauk Prairie Police Department.
Investigators said an ATM skimming device was found at the Bank of Prairie Du Sac and Sentry Foods. They said criminals stole more than $114,000 during a three-day period in November by putting a device on the card reader and collecting card information and PINs.
Multiple law enforcement agencies, including the Secret Service, are investigating.
- Extra patrols added for spring party
- Shirtless female toddler on splash pad sparks debate
- Teacher confesses to sex with student in classroom
- Madison police find bullet in apartment on Russett Road
- Madison police investigate shots fired, crash
- Madison police investigating armed robbery at Oakcrest Tavern