SAUK PRAIRIE, Wis. - Arrest warrants have been issued in a string of identity theft cases in Sauk County that might be connected to a national $3 million theft ring, according to the Sauk Prairie Police Department.
Investigators said an ATM skimming device was found at the Bank of Prairie Du Sac and Sentry Foods. They said criminals stole more than $114,000 during a three-day period in November by putting a device on the card reader and collecting card information and PINs.
Multiple law enforcement agencies, including the Secret Service, are investigating.
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend