DEFOREST, Wis. - A credit card skimmer was found on a gas pump in DeForest Friday afternoon, according to a post on the DeForest Police Department's Facebook page.
Police said they received a call from a state inspector around 2 p.m. alerting them to the skimmer on pump 8 at Redline Mobil, 937 East Holum Street.
The skimmer was installed internally and was not visible without opening the pump itself, police said. The device is similar to those found on other gas pumps in the area.
Police said they are unsure how long the device has been installed, but continue to investigate.
Earlier Friday, police arrested two Calilfornia men in connection to gas pump skimmer fraud investigations from around the Madison area; no information is available Friday night about if this case is connected to those incidents.
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend