DEFOREST, Wis. - A credit card skimmer was found on a gas pump in DeForest Friday afternoon, according to a post on the DeForest Police Department's Facebook page.
Police said they received a call from a state inspector around 2 p.m. alerting them to the skimmer on pump 8 at Redline Mobil, 937 East Holum Street.
The skimmer was installed internally and was not visible without opening the pump itself, police said. The device is similar to those found on other gas pumps in the area.
Police said they are unsure how long the device has been installed, but continue to investigate.
Earlier Friday, police arrested two Calilfornia men in connection to gas pump skimmer fraud investigations from around the Madison area; no information is available Friday night about if this case is connected to those incidents.
- Officials identify two men killed in Sheboygan plane crash
- CANCELED: Wisconsin River slow, no-wake order
- Janesville police take extra precautions after fentanyl found in area
- Forged letter criticizes local police chief
- DNR determines several factors led to Janesville fish kill
- Memorial Day travel expected to hit highest rate since 2005