MADISON, Wis. - A 55-year-old Madison woman was robbed Tuesday morning while walking on the city's near east side.
Police said the woman was walking near the intersection of East Mifflin Street and North Ingersoll Street shortly before 9 a.m. Tuesday when a man approached her from behind and knocked her to the ground.
The robber took the woman's satchel, according to a Madison Police Department incident report.
The woman was taken to a hospital for treatment of non-life-threatening injuries.
Police said the robber was described as a black man in his mid 50s, standing 5 feet 5 inches tall and weighing 160-170 pounds with a medium complexion, a mustache and short hair with some gray. He was wearing a white T-shirt and jeans, police said.
A sketch of the robber was released Thursday.
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration
- Child expert weighs in on search for 9-month-old
- Sheriff warns of phone scammer pretending to be deputy
- Warm weather is melting away profits in the winter sports industry
- Renewable energy conference focuses on working with agriculture
- Adams County officials hope public can ID burglars in surveillance video