MADISON, Wis. - A 55-year-old Madison woman was robbed Tuesday morning while walking on the city's near east side.
Police said the woman was walking near the intersection of East Mifflin Street and North Ingersoll Street shortly before 9 a.m. Tuesday when a man approached her from behind and knocked her to the ground.
The robber took the woman's satchel, according to a Madison Police Department incident report.
The woman was taken to a hospital for treatment of non-life-threatening injuries.
Police said the robber was described as a black man in his mid 50s, standing 5 feet 5 inches tall and weighing 160-170 pounds with a medium complexion, a mustache and short hair with some gray. He was wearing a white T-shirt and jeans, police said.
A sketch of the robber was released Thursday.
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK