MADISON, Wis. - Police released a sketch of the man they believe robbed a Loanmax employee at gunpoint Aug. 27 on Madison's east side.
The woman had locked up the Loanmax at 3066 East Washington Ave. around 6:09 p.m. and was walking to her car when a man appeared next to her, according to the release.
Officials said the man pressed a black handgun into her side and forcibly took her purse and other paperwork.
The robber fled on foot, according to the release. He is described as a black male in his late 20s, 5 feet 9 inches tall with a muscular build. He was last seen wearing a brown hooded sweatshirt, dark colored shorts with a red stripe down the side and a baseball hat.
Officials ask anyone with information about the robbery to call Crime Stoppers at 608-266-6014.Madison crime map
- Police: Woman stabbed with scissors in neck by her boyfriend
- Fremont woman accused in boyfriend's fatal stabbing is acquitted
- East Towne Mall employee attacked, robbed
- Woman arrested, suspected of abducting her kids
- ACLU: Youth prison lawsuit prompted by silence from investigators
- UW-Madison chosen to test autonomous vehicles