MADISON, Wis. - Police released a sketch of the man they believe robbed a Loanmax employee at gunpoint Aug. 27 on Madison's east side.
The woman had locked up the Loanmax at 3066 East Washington Ave. around 6:09 p.m. and was walking to her car when a man appeared next to her, according to the release.
Officials said the man pressed a black handgun into her side and forcibly took her purse and other paperwork.
The robber fled on foot, according to the release. He is described as a black male in his late 20s, 5 feet 9 inches tall with a muscular build. He was last seen wearing a brown hooded sweatshirt, dark colored shorts with a red stripe down the side and a baseball hat.
Officials ask anyone with information about the robbery to call Crime Stoppers at 608-266-6014.Madison crime map
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes