MADISON, Wis. - Police released a sketch of the man they believe robbed a Loanmax employee at gunpoint Aug. 27 on Madison's east side.
The woman had locked up the Loanmax at 3066 East Washington Ave. around 6:09 p.m. and was walking to her car when a man appeared next to her, according to the release.
Officials said the man pressed a black handgun into her side and forcibly took her purse and other paperwork.
The robber fled on foot, according to the release. He is described as a black male in his late 20s, 5 feet 9 inches tall with a muscular build. He was last seen wearing a brown hooded sweatshirt, dark colored shorts with a red stripe down the side and a baseball hat.
Officials ask anyone with information about the robbery to call Crime Stoppers at 608-266-6014.Madison crime map
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK